Did you know that Batu Pahat:
- can be literally translated as Chiseled Stone. (Batu = Stone or Rock, Pahat = Chisel)
- in Jawi = باتو ڤاهت, in Chinese = 峇株吧辖
- is also known as Bandar Penggaram.
- is available on Google Maps too. click here to view.
- in around 1456, the Siamese army was led by Admiral Awi Di Chu camped in Batu Pahat before attacking Malacca.
- in 1511 when the Portuguese captured Malacca, they built a fortress made of granite rocks that were from Batu Pahat. 
- in 1893, the present township was founded by Dato Bentara Luar, Mohamed Salleh bin Perang, acting on the orders of the Sultan of Johor, Maharaja Abu Bakar. 
- is the home of Puteri Gunung Banang which is the family member of the traditional fable Puteri Gunung Ledang 
- has 14 mukim (sub divisions). Mukim 5, which is Mukim Simpang Kanan is where most people in Batu Pahat lives. Around 139,640 out of the total population of 335,368. 
- there is a registered airstrip with ICAO ID: WMAB. This is why when you board planes with interactive flight display, Batu Pahat appears on the screen Coordinate: 01 51’00”N 102 55’56”E 
 , Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia Website. http://sejarahmalaysia.pnm.my/
, BP District Office Website. http://www.johordt.gov.my/pdbatupahat/
, ICAO Document, http://www.icao.int/anb/aig/Taxonomy/R4CDLocationIndicatorsbystate.pdf